A good cookie for holiday gifting- chocolate cookies studded with white chocolate, toffee, and maraschino cherries.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ plus ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 3½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ¼ t ground cinnamon
- 11oz white chocolate chips
- 4oz English toffee, crushed
- 4oz jar of maraschino cherries, halved
- Beat butter and ½ cup sugar in electric mixer on low until combined. Stir in corn syrup, egg, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Gradually combine flour mixture with sugar and butter and continue mixing on low speed until completely combined. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a small bowl, combine remaining ¼ cup of sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. Using your thumb or the handle of a wooden spoon, make an indentation in the center of each.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, and reform indentation if it is no longer distinct. Cool on wire rack. While cookies are cooling, put 1 t of white chocolate chips in the center of each. After several minutes, swirl with a skewer or chopstick to make it look smooth. Add a pinch of crushed toffee and a cherry half.
Print this recipe