A delicious sweet and fruity biscuit to enjoy with coffee or simply as a cookie.
- ¼ c. light olive oil
- ¾ c. white sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ c. dried cranberries
- 1 c. sliced almonds
- 8 oz. melting chocolate (white or milk)
- Preheat oven to 300° F
- In a large bowl, mix oil and sugar until well blended. Add vanilla and almond extracts, then beat in eggs and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Add gradually to egg mixture.
- Add nuts and cranberries and mix by hand.
- Wet hands with cool water to handle dough easily. Divide in half and form two logs (12″ x 2″) on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner (ie. Silpat).
- Bake 35 minutes in preheated oven or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool on a baking rack for 10 minutes. (Let cool before slicing, otherwise logs will crumble!) Reduce oven heat to 275° F.
- On a cutting board, carefully cut logs on a bias (diagonally) with a sharp, non-serrated knife in ¾” slices.
- Lay slices on side and bake at 275° F for 8-10 minutes or until dry.
- Melt 8 oz. chocolate. Dip one side (or end) of each piece of biscotti in the chocolate. Lay on waxed paper or silicone mat to dry.
Print this recipe