A quick, easy, and extremely healthy snack made from fresh kale, high in vitamins C and A.
- 1 bunch of green kale (curly)
- extra-virgin olive oil in a spritzer OR canola or olive-oil cooking spray
- sea salt for seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Wash kale and dry it, either using a salad spinner or by blotting with paper towel.
- Tear leaves off central stalk into chip-sized pieces.
- Spray / oil baking sheets.
- Lay kale pieces on baking sheets in a single layer and coat lightly with cooking spray or olive oil spritz.
- Season chips with salt, and with pepper (more sparingly), if desired.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Watch carefully! Chips are done when they are brown at the edges and crispy. Do not overcook or chips will taste burnt. Do not undercook or they will be wilted and limp.
Print this recipe