This classic Italian dessert is a delicious confection made from whipped cream, mascarpone, coffee, and ladyfingers. A great treat to impress friends and family!
- 6 egg yolks
- ¾ c. white sugar
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1 ¼ c. heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 lb. mascarpone
- ½ c. strong coffee, room temperature
- ¼ c. rum
- 6 oz. ladyfingers
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- In a medium saucepan, whisk egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches a boil. Boil gently for 1 minute while stirring, remove from heat, and cool slightly. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Whisk mascarpone into egg mixture until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla to stiff peaks.
- In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum.
- Slice ladyfingers lengthwise, lay in a pan or baking sheet, and drizzle with coffee mixture.
- Arrange half of the ladyfingers in a 7 x 11″ dish. Spread half the mascarpone on top, then half the whipped cream. Repeat ladyfingers + mascarpone + cream. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving; 24 hours of chill time is optimal.
Print this recipe