A hearty vegetarian lasagna with spinach, broccoli, and mushrooms and three types of cheese.
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 10 oz. package fresh baby spinach
- 8 oz. fresh broccoli, chopped
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 32 oz. jar spaghetti sauce (can also use 26 oz.)
- 2 c. cottage cheese
- 1 8 oz. package part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 8 oz. package lasagna noodles
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil to prevent sticking
- Additional Parmesan or mozzarella cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large pot over medium heat, saute broccoli, spinach, mushrooms, onion, oregano, basil, and garlic in olive oil. Add spaghetti sauce. Simmer.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions, adding olive oil to prevent sticking. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, and eggs.
- Spread a small amount of sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13″ baking dish / lasagna pan. Place one layer of noodles. Cover with sauce, then layer of cheese mixture. Repeat until cheese mixture is gone. Finish with noodles and then top with remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with mozzarella or Parmesan cheese. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Print this recipe